Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

my garden

As fall creeps in, my garden showing the fruits, or should I say veggies of my labor. :) This has been the best year for my garden yet. My son and I have had a wonderful time picking veggies for dinner and snacking. We even got squash this year, which is pretty exciting. I love squash. There are also cucumbers, which I will be making pickles out of! I hope they come out. I did loose my Brussels sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower. I am SO SO bummed about the Brussels sprouts. Stupid mice in the wood pile!

We planted a rosemary hedge for the 3rd year. They are doing fantastic so far. They have grown quite a bit. I am also prepared for winter. I am determined to not loose them to the snow and ice! The hedge smells wonderful! I am excited for it to get large.

I also planted a shade garden with came out nicely as well. The yard has been really nice and beautiful this year! I will post pictures later!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of anyone who can grow anything. I kill anything in a pot! :) Can't wait to see those pictures! :)

    P.s. I'm trying to return the follow...but i think blogger is acting up. I will check back tomorrow!

    http://thesenotions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete