Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2011

inspiration in odd places

My son will be 3 in a few days and we are having his party tomorrow. I am smoking some beef and pork for sandwiches for the party. I am excited to try the homemade smoker I have created. I love the Internet. :)

I browsed several recipes for the actual rub. I had a great time spinning my spice wheel and adding this and that to my own version of all the recipes I looked through.

While throwing this together, almost literally. :) (I get carried away now and then with spices.) I started thinking about how I could make savory caramels using the rub. Most of the rub recipes used sugar, so why not transfer the flavor into a caramel? I then started thinking about all the wonderful savory flavors on my spice wheel and lets just say, my wheels are turning.

No comments:

Post a Comment