Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Rain break! Woo Hoo

We finally got a 2 day break from the rain. Although, there was some snow and thunder and lightening thrown in there as well. April is turning into crazy weather month.

I was able to get out and do some yard work, thankfully. One of the very few benefits of being a out of work mom. My son and I were able to get the flower beds and garden cleaned up and ready to plant. We also did some work for my parents.

After all the weeding, moving dirt, spreading dirt, adding manure etc, we were ready for the plants and seeds. Eric was a great helper digging holes for our tomato's and peppers. I am determined these do well this year, as I want to use them in my candies and make salsa. I am so proud that he is interested in working in the garden and learning about growing our own food. Of course certain things don't make it too far, IE the raspberries.
We also planted a bunch of seeds. Watching the sprout and grow is so much fun for us.

Since our garden is so full, we moved our sunflower garden to a new spot this year. We took a overgrown and unkempt flower bed and fixed it all up.


We also planted a bunch of wild flowers to add color and variety. All we need now is for the rain to take a long enough break and some sun to get these bad boys growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment