Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday experiements

My amazon order finally came. I ordered some goodies for my shop that are less online then going to the store. I am most excited about my gel coloring. I have not yet tried it, but plan to in the next few few days. I like alot of color and want to express that in my candies.

 I also ordered colored chocolate chips. those have been hard to find. So, I was relieved to find some online. They will definitely brighten up my marshmallows.

I did use colored chocolate to help color some caramels. I made Blackberry Truffle Caramels in honor of Easter. As you can also see, I had fun with the sprinkles. Truffles always have some kind of decoration on top, so..... :)


I also finally made Strawberry Shortcake marshmallows. They have been on my list for sometime to make. 
Dennis, my significant other, had 2 very good ideas for marshmallows, one would work well for caramels also. Peanut butter and Jelly Marshmallows and cinnamon roll marshmallows. I want to try the peanut butter and jelly ones another way, so if anyone reading this wants a free sample, let me know.

The peanut butter and jelly are a little bit messier then I had planned. I wanted to play around with stuffing the marshmallow.

On a different note, we finally had some decent weather. I was able to get some more gardening done. We took out a few dead trees and I now have a whole new area to plant in. I am browsing for pretty bushes and flowers. My little helper has been having fun helping me clear the new space. He likes using the grown up shovels and riding in the wheel barrel. :)

Going to head over to Etsy now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment